26 Feb Guidelines for action in the construction against Covid-19, by Mykonos Cerámica
The Higher Council of Colleges of Architects of Spain (CSCAE) and the General Council of Technical Architecture (CGATE) have launched the guidelines for action in the constructions in progress in the face of the situation generated by COVID-19.
All this, pending an official document from the Ministry of Health with action protocols for architects, engineers, bricklayers or construction managers.
While the official protocol appears, Mykonos Cerámica echoes the recommendations of professional associations:
1. Adopt the measures of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Ministry of Health in Spain such as:
– To use sanitary masks.
– To maintain safety distances of one meter between workers.
– To avoid agglomerations or groups of workers.
– To establish temperature measurement controls.
2. To inform the builder in case of contagion.
The project manager must be aware of the rights of Prevention of Occupational Risks, to interrupt his activity and leave the workplace if he considers that said activity involves a serious risk to life or health.
– If there are signs of contagion, the established health protocol will be strictly followed.
– If any positive is confirmed among the workers, it will be communicated to all members of the management, as well as subcontractors and freelancers who may have been on site during the last 15 days.
– It will be determined if it is necessary to paralyze the work, only a part of it or it can continue to guarantee the health of the rest of those involved. * The contagion of an employee does not imply the final closure of a complete work center.
3. Guarantee the health of workers.
The contractor or the site manager will estimate whether health guarantees can be developed on site, both for the workers and for the external persons who come to the site.
All actions and processes that are carried out must be duly reflected in a signed report, in addition to the incident book.
Documents of interest.
GUIDELINES FOR ACTION BY THE OPTIONAL DIRECTORATE OF THE WORKS IN PROGRESS OF EXECUTION IN THE SITUATION OF SANITARY EMERGENCY CREATED BY COVID-19