28 Jun Techniques to take care of the environment in the production plants of Mykonos Cerámica
Mykonos Cerámica tiles have been produced for more than 30 years at Onda production plants, Castellón.
Our production facilities take care of the environment in the workplace by following the best available techniques.
- Prevention of emission of particles into the atmosphere.
- Reduction of noise emissions.
- Reduction of water use.
- Zero discharge: reuse of water from the production process.
- Waste recovery.
- Integrated packaging management system.
- Energy efficiency.
- Clean fuels.
- Indoor air quality.
- Kyoto Protocol: reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by using waste heat utilization systems.
- Recycling: use of recycled materials in ecological packaging and inks.
- Natural product
Ceramic tiles are a natural product. Ceramic raw materials come from the earth, minerals (quartz, kaolinite, illite, talc, silica, feldspathic minerals, …) that are extracted from primarily regional mines.
- Green construction
Porcelain tiles are inert products that do not emit any pollutants.
The use of ceramic coatings in the works also affects the durability of the buildings.
Their installation is final, eliminating the need to divert them to landfills or incinerators.